Home

Sunday 10 June 2012

Da Wheatear

The Northern Wheatear is a long distance migrant which breeds in the UK and winters south of the Sahara Desert in Africa. Summer is the best time to photograph these small hardy migrants.

A female Northern Wheatear
poses on a lichen covered stone wall
on Fair Isle, Shetland.

Wheatear, Taken at Double Dyke, Fair Isle, Shetland

I discovered she was hanging around with her mate
of which they had a nest in the stone wall.

The next two photos were pretty random photos of male Wheatears which I thought stood out.


This Male Chicks had just fledged was trying to
distract me away from them.

A Wheatear in the evening light
 where I have incroporated poster edges
making the photograph much more interesting.
 
All my Images have been downsized
and
Copyrighted to
Becki Rosser Photography.

If you have any questions or enquiries about any of my Photos, Subjects, Etc,
then please dont hesitate to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment